Warning: Last items in stock!
The Aphex Channel master preamp and input processor incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design.
Complete High Performance Channel Strip
With more and more studios foregoing consoles in favor of recording and mixing in the computer, a clean and versatile front end input stage is indispensible. There are dozens and dozens of channel strips and similar devices to choose from, but none that come close to the Channel by way of sound, features or performance.
The legendary Model 230 has been re-imagined, adding a host of new features to address a greater number of workflows while retaining the sound, functionality and versatility that made it one of the most in-demand processors ever for professional audio, live sound, broadcast and post production.
The Channel incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design, including five of Aphex’s exclusive patented technologies. Together, the result is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility available.
The elegant front panel not only looks great, but is laid out in an intuitive, easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the foundation of the Model 230, the Channel features an instrument input, dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate and clock source selection, and a reference quality internal clock.
The Aphex Channel is a Tube Microphone Preamp and signal processor that is an indispensable broadcast station tool. You'll find them in the production room and installed as a permanent on-air processing for pumping up voices.
The Aphex Channel is a powerful and easy-to-use channel strip for commercial and project studios, featuring our reflected-plate amplifier tube microphone preamp design plus compression, gating, de-esser, parametric EQ, Aural Exciter, and Big Bottom bass enhancement. It is an extraordinary single rack unit that offers 7 of Aphex’s most popular tools that help you work more easily and naturally, achieving the sonic quality you want without connecting several devices.
When space is at a premium in a touring rig, and night after night reliability is essential, the rugged Aphex Channel provides all the top quality processing needed for any instrument without taking up precious rack space.
Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier (RPA) Tube Preamp
• Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
• Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
• Each unit is individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency – any two units are a matched pair
EasyRider Class A Compressor
• Aphex’s patented Wave Dependent Compressor – automatically adjusts attack and release times according to program complexity
• No-Knee compression curve circuitry – automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
• Includes Aphex’s 1001 Class A Voltage Controlled Attenuator, used in the Compellor and Dominator
Logic Assisted Gate
• Patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
• Split band universal de-esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
• Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
• For the ability to precisely fine tune the all-important midrange between the Big Bottom and Aural Exciter.
• Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility
For more info, visit the Aphex website: Channel
No customer comments for the moment.
Grace Design m103 channel strips
Grace Design m103 channel strips with preamp, DI, EQ, and compressor.
DBX 286s channel strip processors,
DBX 286s channel strip processors, delivering a studio quality microphone/instrument preamplifier and four processors.
The Aphex Project Channel combines
The Aphex Project Channel combines the Big Bottom and Exciter processors into an easy to use channel strip.
The PreSonus ADL 700 integrates a
The PreSonus ADL 700 integrates a proven, award-winning, boutique-quality preamp; a custom-designed FET compressor; and a custom, four-band, semi-parametric EQ.