Warning: Last items in stock!
Tannoy VXP 8 self-powered loudspeakers offer a punchy and sonically superior solution for small-scale sound reinforcement and high performance speech reproduction.
Conceived, engineered and built with precision in the United Kingdom, VXP Series represents a brand new evolution in Tannoy’s core philosophies in self-powered loudspeaker design. Tannoy VXP 8 combines the technological refinement of the passive VX 8 with the brand new IDEEA™ integrated power module from Lab.gruppen. The result is a highly compact, ultra-reliable and efficient, self-powered loudspeaker offering a punchy and sonically superior solution for small-scale sound reinforcement and high performance speech reproduction where clarity and vocal character are paramount. The Tannoy VXP8 has also been acoustically matched with the wider range of VXP Series models, making it a perfectly capable component within much larger installations.
• Performance Arts Spaces
• Theatres & Auditoria
• Bars, pubs and nightclubs
• Small scale live PA
• Theme parks and leisure venues
• Gymnasiums and small/medium sports arenas
• Portable corporate AV
• Conference rooms
• Houses of worship
The perfectly matched integrated Lab.gruppen IDEEA (IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier) modules are designed to handle the demands of fixed installation audio, with the inherent extended duty cycles of around-the-clock operation and very high performance demands, while offering the durability, unmatched power output and clarity required by portable applications. To ensure a long and trouble-free service life, IDEEA modules incorporate extensive features to safeguard internal circuits and driver compliment.
At the heart of the IDEEA module is a patented Class D output stage capable of high power levels with very low distortion and minimal current draw – all with a net operating efficiency in excess of 80%. A universal switching power supply accepts any mains voltage from 70 – 265V ( /- 10%) at 50Hz or 60Hz through the appropriate IEC cord. In Auto mode, the speaker turns on with signal present and switches to standby mode after 20 minutes of no input, in doing so reducing power consumption to less than 1 W (while in standby). Manual control mode allows the speaker to be turned on and off as required. Also provided is a switchable 90 Hz high-pass filter for use when adding a subwoofer.
Audio connection is via female XLR and power via PowerCON (included) on rear panel. VXP 8 is available in black or white textured paint finish as standard, with matching grilles, and is also available in custom matched RAL colours as an option.
• 200mm (8”) Dual Concentric full-range driver
• Tightly controlled 90 degree dispersion for optimum coverage and forward gain
• Peak output 120 dB
• Integrated Lab.gruppen IDEEA electronics providing ultra-reliable Class D amplification
• Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
• Pole-mountable for small-scale portable PA applications
• Exceptional sound and performance for a cabinet of this size
• Rugged and highly compact birch plywood enclosure
• Available in black or white textured paint finish – custom colours optional
• XLR input and link, PowerCON mains (included)
For more info, visit the Tannoy website: Tannoy
No customer comments for the moment.